Dr. Dalby has had an active long-term interest and involvement with medical students and resident training in anesthesiology and general medicine. She currently serves as the associate medical student director for our department and coordinates the medical student anesthesiology rotations at UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital . She has a long-standing commitment to research development, research implementation, and research education. She has participated in many parts of the research process from serving in the initial advisory and developmental research arena, to executing many research protocols. Dr. Dalby has been a member of the Magee-Womens’ Hospital Institutional Review Board and has reviewed protocols as a member of Magee-Womens Hospital Research Institute and the Department of Anesthesiology Scientific Affairs Committee, and as well as a member of the Department of Anesthesiology Risk Management Committee.
Education & Training
- Pennsylvania State University, BS, Biology
- University of Pittsburgh Medical School, MD
- Allegheny General Hospital, Anesthesiology Residency
Dr. Dalby's publications can be reviewed through the National Library of Medicine's publication database.
Research, clinical, and/or academic interests
- Obstetrical perinatal and anesthesia safety and communication
- Basic pain physiology research
- Postoperative pain and nausea and vomiting prevention
- Obstetrical anesthesia outcome measures