Education & Training
- Cerrahpaşa Medical School, University of Istanbul, MD
- Columbia University, New York, NY, Internship in Surgery
- University of Istanbul, Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency
- Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, Anesthesiology Residency
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
Dr. Kaynar's publications can be reviewed through the National Library of Medicine's publication database.
Research, clinical, and/or academic interests
Dr. Kaynar’s overarching research program continues to focus on the long-term effects of sepsis and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). He is studying the role of zinc and matrix metalloproteinases to elucidate their role in sepsis and ARDS, with the subsequent aim of applying the findings to the management of these diseases.