Dr. Chelly has over 30 years of clinical research experience and developed the Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine’s Clinical Research Program that has enrolled thousands of research subjects since July 2002.
Education & Training
- Mont-Rouge College, Paris, France, BS
- Necker-Enfants Malades Medical School, Paris, France, MD
- Lariboisiére-St. Louis Medical School, Paris, France, MS, Pharmacology
- University of Houston, PhD, Pharmacology
- University of Houston, MBA
- Broussais Hospital, Paris, France, Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Residency
- René Descartes University, Paris, France, Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Board
Dr. Chelly's publications can be reviewed through the National Library of Medicine's publication database.
Research, clinical, and/or academic interests
Dr. Chelly’s research interests include postoperative outcomes and pain after surgeries, including abdominal oncologic surgery, and orthopedic, trauma, and thoracic surgery. More recently, Dr. Chelly has been involved with complementary medicine including auriculotherapy, aromatherapy, and CBD.
- PI: The Effect of Auriculotherapy Combined with an Interscalene block for Post-Operative Pain Management following Rotator Cuff Surgery: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial
- PI: Pilot Study Investigating the Post-Operative Analgesic Effect of NSS-2 BRIDGE Device in Subjects Undergoing Major Abdominal Oncologic Surgery: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled Trial
- PI: A Randomized Controlled Trial of Regional versus General Anesthesia to Promote Independence after Hip Fracture (REGAIN Trial)