Education & Training
- M.B.B. Ch, Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University
- MSc, Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University
- Anesthesiology Residency, Assiut University Hospital
- Intensive Care Medicine Fellowship, Assiut University Hospital
- Fellowship, Anesthesia and Perioperative Care of Live Donor Liver Transplant Donors and Recipients, National Liver Institute, Menofeya, Egypt
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Department of Anesthesiology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- Fellowship, Hepatic Transplantation Anesthesiology, UPMC
- Anesthesiology Residency, UPMC
Dr. Abuelkasem's publications can be reviewed through Google Scholar.
Research, clinical, and/or academic interests
Dr. Abuelkasem is interested in clinical research focused on perioperative hemostasis and blood management, given their critical importance to improving care and outcomes after major surgeries including major trauma, transplantation, cardiovascular, and thoracic surgeries. He is also interested in research related to applications of cardiovascular ultrasound, especially myocardial deformation imaging and point of care ultrasound.